- KPU was formed in 1981, after separating from Douglas College. The university then took over the campus south of the Fraser River, where KPU continues to be present today. Offers a range of degree, diploma, certificate, and citation programs with opportunities for hands on experience and experience and experimental learning.
- More than 20,000 students annually (over 12,000 full-time equivalency students)
- 50,000+ registered alumni around the world.
- Over 200,000 students educated at KPU to date.
- Many of their classes are even smaller than 35 students.
|Surrey, BC V3W 2M8
Other Campus Location
QS Global Rank: 0
Times Higher Education Rank: 0
- KPU is Canada's only polytechnic university. It focuses on skills, in addition to traditional academics.
- Your education will go beyond books, with experiential learning opportunities like group projects, presentations, guest speakers, and more
- Many of the programs include experience terms, or cooperative education options
- International learning opportunities all over the world through field schools, exchanges, study abroad opportunities, and more
- Works with industry partners and organizations to ensure our graduates are well prepared to enter the workforce.
- KPU offers many unique programs that can't be found at other post-secondary institutions.
- Fashion and technology and product design degrees are unique to Western Canada.
- The only brewing diploma of its kind in BC and the first brewing program in Canada to be recognized by the Master Brewers Association
- Their interior design degree was the first in the province to receive accreditation
- KPU is the first public post-secondary school to offer studies in traditional Chinese medicine-acupuncture
- Bachelor of Horticulture Science in Urban Ecosystems is the only undergraduate degree in North America dedicated to the study of urban ecosystems
- Tuition-free English language studies and upgrading courses
- New minors in medicinal chemistry and Indigenous community justice
- Flexible scheduling allows you to take courses full-time or part-time with classes in the morning, afternoon, or evening. Some online courses are also available.
- Work and volunteer opportunities on-campus.
- New Wilson School of Design building opening at KPU Richmond in Jan 2019.
- 95% of KPU students find jobs within six months of graduation with average salary of CAD$50,000.
- Shuttle bus service is available in between campuses.
- KPU also accepts three years of bachelor’s degree.
Scholarship and Funding
KPU offers around $2 million scholarship annually. Once student is accepted the scholarship is adjusted per semester.